|Why make it at home?
||I have been spending $9.80 for a protein shake at one specific store weekly and decided to watch them make the shake. (Protein shakes with whey powder usually cost $9 or more depending on the store)
I realized I’ve been overspending for a shake that I could make at home at significant savings and without much labor involved.
||Make it at home for less than $3 by shopping at warehouse club such as Costco.
- Gold Standard Whey Protein 90 servings – $60 / (67 cents a serving).
- Milk (3 1/2 gallon containers) – $9
- 4 lb frozen fruit – $8 (or pick mulberries for free at parks in NYC with your children)
- Hemp Seeds 1.5 lb bag – $14.99
- Chia Seeds 2 lb bag – $7.49
- Save money and takes only 5 minutes to make
- If you exercise, drink protein shake within 30 minutes to help fuel muscle growth.
- Excellent meal substitute
- Cup of Ice
- Cup of Milk (any type)
- Cup of Fruit (any type)
- Scoop of Whey Protein
- Scoop of Peanut or Almond Butter (optional)
- Scoop of Chia or Hemp Seeds (optional)
- Add ice, milk and fruit to blender and crush/blend
- Add the optional items and blend
- Add Whey Protein Powder and blend